Real Time Decisions

Visitors from the world

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Are you taking care of the house that God left you ?


I was tidying up my family home last weekend and a thought entered my mind. This house that I lived in for so many years, was left empty after my father passed away almost 5 years ago. I wondered if I was doing the best that I could with this house. What would my dad be thinking ?

Isn't this the same as what God has done after Jesus Christ sacrificed himself on the cross ? Didn't he leave something for us to take care of ? What would he think of the job we have done so far ? Have we kept his house well  and tendered to his garden ?

A sobering thought indeed.


Since an overseer is entrusted with God's work, he must be blameless -- not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. Rather he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.


Titus 1:7-9 (NIV)

No comments: