Real Time Decisions

Visitors from the world

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Thank God for his many simple blessings

After a scare with mum falling down in the shower, I had a chance to reflect on God's grace. On that day I had gone out to do my shopping and when I returned I saw that mum had gone to take a bath. I knocked on the door to let her know I was back and I heard her voice saying "I fell down". My heart almost stopped at that point and I quickly entered the bathroom and found her laying on her back with the shower spraying water on her. I don't know how long she was like that. I quickly turned off the shower and checked her. There was no bleeding and she was conscious. I grabbed a towel to put under her head and quickly called 999, emergency services. With no one else to call upon, I figured that that was the best option as I did not know if she injured her spine or anything else.

The ambulance arrived quickly within 10 minutes or so and we were whisked away to the hospital. After several hours in the emergency room as the doctors x-rayed and CT scan her. The prognosis was that other then a high BP, everything else was all right.

Looking back at the events that day, it was a strange day. Normally I would be out until dinner time when I would have bought dinner and come home around 6:30 or so. That day I had called up a service center which was supposed to have processed my road tax and still had not delivered. They promised to deliver it to me by 5pm that day so I planned to get home earlier to wait for them.

While I was out, our landlord called me and told me that someone had found and turned in my apartment keys. I had left them in my letter box again and I was kicking myself for being so absent minded again. I contacted our management office and told them I would come by to collect it. So I rescheduled again to ensure that I got home earlier to be able to collect he keys and still be in time to meet the road tax delivery guy.

As it was I got back around 4:30 pm which was around the time my mum normally would have gone to take a bath. I thank God that someone he worked it so that I would get home early to find her. I was considering the fact of what if I had been at home. Would I even I known she had fallen as I may not have heard her from my room.

Sometimes things don't go as we want them to, but there is always a reason. God's grace will see us through no matter what. We just have to have faith. We may not be able to see the end result of all the elements that combine, just as hydrogen combines with oxygen to become water, but everything happens in combination to a greater good. God's blessing even if we don't realise it.

No comments: